SEMA, Projects and the Monkey Montage: ChurroFest 2018
THE GEARHEADS UNWIND AND TALK SEMA, SPONSORSHIPS AND PROJECTS. AND BROWN DIAMONDS.
Episode twenty-six goes all sorts of places as Brian, Brad and Alex discuss projects of the artistic and four-wheeled sort. They preview the SEMA Show, talk churros and racecar sponsorships, and then it all goes weird with kit car talk and celebrity tribute parts.
It’s been a while since we just sat and talked, and thought it was a good time to lay back a bit prior to the buildup to SEMA madness.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Brian goes all “Show Host”
- Brad talks streamliner sponsorships
– The Salt-O-Masochist
- PR disasters
- A blurry blue lightning bolt
– Terrible racecar sponsor team-ups
– …and some memorable ones
- Things that rhyme with “six piston”
- “Don’t worry; it’s not you.”
- Brian runs out of side effects
- The SEMA preview, well, preview
- Bacon-wrap and pumpkin spice all of the things. Except for the churros.
- Alex’s ’64 Chevy project
– Finding the truck
– Then come the bees and spiders
- Alex talks plumbing and wiring
- Brad steals the truck and lowers it
- How patina won on this truck
- Checklists on a project
– Brad calls back to his Dad’s el Camino
- Customizing a car is a slippery slope
- Restoration meets hot rodding
- The joy of wiring and plumbing
- Alex’s first project
- The infamous 1969 Camaro
- The lowest production number ’71 Camaro RS
- The guys go all kit car
- “The Lisper”