Getting Cheez Whiz-y With it… and Scott Sullivan, too
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
EPISODE TWELVE. SCOTT SULLIVAN. ‘NUFF SAID.
The Gearheads host Street Machine and graphics legend Scott Sullivan on a very rainy Dayton (“day-INN”) night, and talk about cars, rain, improvised weapons and more. This one really does have a little something for everyone, assuming that you don’t get out a lot.
The best possible description of this is to imagine yourself at whatever age you were when you first saw the Cheez-Whiz ’55, but with the cool factor of being a fly on the wall in a garage with that car, Scott, and four of his neighbors. It’s cool, and has one heck of a neat historical gem tucked away. You don’t want to miss this one.
Be sure to look for this, along with all of our other episodes (and much more) on our YouTube channel.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The guys re-reinvent reality TV all over again
– “American Hot Rod Gladiator Ninja” is born
– Potential hosting job for Hydro Gene
– The world’s largest throwing star
- It rains
– Hear some actual Ohio thunder
- Alex brings a storm of expletives
- Brian’s Directorial diary
- Early influences
- Ohio drag racing history
- Custom paint roots
– Speaking of roots, we talked about hair color, but that’s a extra for subscribers only
- They heyday of graphics and magazines
– That “1980’s” stuff
- Junkyard trawling revisited
- The “jubilance” of eleven listener and a glove box door button
- Scott’s Nova
– Being twenty-two and building the first Pro-Street car
– October 1979 Popular Hot Rodding Magazine coined the phrase “Pro-Street”
– Setting the street machine world on fire
- Cramming a 13-inch tire under a ’71 Dodge Demon in a driveway
- The Rat Pack car club days
– Pat’s ’70 LS-6 Chevelle
–The unseen candy red version of the Nova
–Leaving the club
- “Birds can fly, but flies can’t bird.”
- Winning Street Machine of the Year simply because of a bad parking spot (yeah… you read that correctly)
- The struggle to find 16 and 18-inch wheels
- Bringing back Convo-Pro’s. We’re joking. …maybe.
- The story behind the ’55 wheels.
- Assorted details on Scott’s ’54 Chevy project
Listen to/watch this episode on YouTube! Be sure like, comment and subscribe to our channel, please!
Episode Twelve: Scott Sullivan
The Gearheads take you back to the golden age of street machines, when sitting around in the garage and talking cars was the way to spend a Friday night in your acid-washed jeans. Episode twelve has Scott Sullivan, and 107% of your recommended daily allowance of rad times topped with Cheez Whiz.
Great interview! Awesome getting to hear stories from one of the people I look up to and am honored to call a friend! Great job!!!!
Thank you Michael! Everyone of us in the group was very much influenced by Scott and we had a great time talking to him.